Saturday, March 6, 2010

Fish Tanking 101

It's been a good day today. I got to sleep in for the first time in a while, then a friend and I went fish shopping. It's been a long long time since I had a fish tank, and I had no idea it was so hard to pick out a fish. I mean, they're just fish right? Well my tank is small, so that rules out a lot of my choices, it's not heated, and apparently there are a lot of fish that have to have heated tanks. So i really only had two or three different types of fish to choice from.... and it took me a long time to decide between those two or three, haha. But I ended up buying three Tiger Barbs. They're little yellow fish with three black stripes. Their names are Shere Khan, Tony, and Nancy.

Well, picking out the fish was only half the battle. Then, you have to clean the rocks for the bottom (and apparently I bought some very dirty rocks because they took forever to clean!), you have to buy the chemical junk to put int he water to de-chlorinize it, the filter was a bitch to get positioned in the right spot, and it takes 30 minutes to introduce the fish to the water. The bag they came in must float int he water for 10-15 minutes, then you have to add some of the water from the new tank into the bag, let it float for 10-15 minutes more, and continue this process for at least 30 minutes. Phew.... I don't know about you, but I'm wore out. It's a good thing I had a friend there to help me out. =P

But it's all done now. The fish are int heir new home, and they seem to be doing fine. Their rocks are black and blue, they have a lovely fake plant to play in, and of course you can't forget the "No Skinny Dipping Sign" which is the centerpiece of the whole tank (A must have for all fish tanks today).

Here's a picture of my new fishy friends:


Well, after all the fish excitement ended, I went to see Alice in Wonderland with some friends. Very good movie by the way! I highly recommend seeing it asap! I, personally, could have done without the 3D part of it, though. That just gave me a headache. I must say I was a bit disappointing that Tim Burton decided to follow the ever popular 3D trend that all the kids are loving these days. But whatever, he still created an amazing work of art, like always.

No comments:

Post a Comment