Thursday, March 25, 2010

I lol'ed

So, I read all the time. I Love reading. But I must say it's a rare occasion when a book actually makes me lol. I dunno why this is so. I have a pretty good sense of humor I think. I guess it's just hard to make someone laugh with just words. Anyway. I purchased the last installment of Percy Jackson and the Olympians today: The Last Olympian. I'm super excited about it by the way, can't wait to finish it. Well Not even one whole chapter in and i ran across a sentence that made me absolutely crack up, and I must share it with you.

So here's what's happening. Percy and this guy Charlie are on a mission to blow up the evil cruise ship full of monsters before they can try to invade the Half Blood Camp. A telkhine is some kind of mythological half seal, half human monster. Now that you're caught up here's the paragraph:

"A telkhine was hunched over a console, but he was so involved with his work, he didn't notice us. He was about five feet tall, with slick black seal fur and stubby little feet. He had the head of a Doberman, but his clawed hands were almost human. He growled and muttered as he tapped on his keyboard. Maybe he was messaging his friends on uglyface.com."
(insert laughter here)



HILARIOUS. Anyway... go and out and Read Percy Jackson and the Olympians... they rock. The End :)

No comments:

Post a Comment